On Sunday February 11th we had our first meetup of the 2018 season in the new function room at Fishermen's View Restaurant.
We packed the room (which overlooks the East End of the canal) with more than 35 members from My Fishing Cape Cod.
The first 45 minutes of the meeting included plenty of coffee and networking. We then introduced ourselves one-by-one, sharing our goals for the 2018 season, as well as our goals for the meetup.
Once this concluded we jumped right into a group discussion ranging from topics such as bait movement in Cape Cod Bay, to fishing for stripers along the beach.
Group Discussion Video
I planned on this discussion lasting at least a half an hour, but due to time contraints we could only go for about 15 minutes. We needed to make sure we had enough time to give away a bunch of Guppy Pencil Poppers and lures from Joe Baggs Tackle!
The video from the discussion can be accessed below by members who are logged into My Fishing Cape Cod with their username and password.
Here is a breakdown of what we discuss in the above video:
- 00:01 - Seasonal bait movement in Cape Cod Bay
- 02:00 - Seasonal bait movement in Vineyard Sound
- 02:50 - Provincetown fishing overview from captain Russ of Chasn' Tails Charters
- 04:00 - Three techniques & lures to use from shore and boat
- 05:00 - Lure recommendations from Joe D'Agostino of Joe Baggs Tackle
- 05:45 - Tips for people who are new to Cape Cod
- 06:49 - Tautog techniques and tips
- 08:53 - Sea bass fishing off Bass River and the new reef off Harwich
- 11:20 - Recommended water depth and time of year for finding sea bass in the above mentioned areas
- 11:53 - Tips for finding larger sea bass, versus the juveniles
Our first meetup was a great success!
I will definitely be scheduling more meetups very soon. These meetups are for "members only" and we have limited space, so please register online for the next meetup as soon as you see it posted here on the website.