Happy New Year (or almost New Year)!
I find it hard to believe that 2012 is already upon us. I can remember those warm, flat calm August fishing trips as if it was just yesterday.
With the 2012 Cape Cod striped bass season still months away, now is the time to get the gear prepared and brush up on striped bass fishing techniques and strategies to employ next season.
In the spirit of sharing information I will be holding a striped bass fishing seminar at 7pm on January 26th at the Holly Tree Resort at 412 Main Street in West Yarmouth, MA.
We'll be focusing on Targeting Big Stripers with the Tube and Worm. Some of the topics to be covered include:
- Strategies for consistently locating striped bass while traveling at high speeds using sonar
- Interpreting sonar marks and the differences between how striped bass, dogfish and bluefish show up on sonar
- How to make your own tubes that will out-fish tubes purchased from tackle shops
- How to maximize your catch rate by staggering trolling lines
- How to use a process of elimination for selecting productive tubes
- Small alterations you can make to tubes to significantly increase your landing percentage
- Night time tube and worm trolling
- What the tube imitates in nature and how you can use this information to catch more big striped bass
- and as much as I can cram into one evening!
Admission to the seminar is $30 payable at the door. Space is limited so if you are interested please email me as soon as possible at email@example.com to reserve a seat.
It should be a fun evening of learning and fish stories with some awesome folks. We'll have some refreshments and you can expect to bring home a couple tube and worm rigs ready to fish the 2012 season.
I hope you can attend!
Tight lines and Happy New Year,