Hello and welcome to the My Fishing Cape Cod podcast! It's hard to believe that August is almost upon us, but there are still many ways to catch fish this month.
The fishing has slowed down a little bit, but fish are still being caught all over Cape Cod.
We have a very special guest on today's podcast, in addition to our usual expert fishermen. This week, we welcome former New England Patriot Wes Welker to the show!
So without further delay, let's start today's show, which was recorded earlier this afternoon (Friday July 28th).
Wes Welker is today's surprise guest on today's podcast! Wes provides MFCC with an update on life after football, and talked about his time playing for the Patriots. Wes also recently went shark fishing in the Gulf of Mexico.
We kick things off with Ryan Collins, who tunes in just after a My Fishing Cape Cod tuna trip with Cape Star Charters. Ryan gives us an update on the Cape Cod offshore bite, as well the striped bass fishing.
We then check in with our good friend Jeff Miller of Canal Bait & Tackle in Sagamore. Jeff gives us the full scoop about what's happening down along the banks of the Cape Cod Canal, as well as some valuable Cape Cod Bay intel.
Next up is Captain Eric Stewart from the Goose Hummock Shops in Orleans & Dennis. Captain Eric provides his full Cape Cod boat fishing report, including information on the offshore bite and striped bass fishing.
In this episode we cover:
- Ryan's latest Cape Cod offshore fishing report (0:50)
- Cape Cod striped bass fishing report (5:57)
- Latest My Fishing Cape Cod updates! (8:27)
- Jeff Miller's full Cape Cod Canal fishing report (10:07)
- Lure and color recommendations for success at the canal (11:20)
- Top location choice and fishing strategy (12:15)
- Jeff's latest fishing update for Cape Cod Bay (14:30)
- Captain Eric Stewart's boat fishing report (16:50)
- "Epic" schools of pogies (22:00)
- Latest happenings down at the Goose Hummock Shops (22:45)
- Checking in with former New England Patriot Wes Welker! (25:00)
Kevin spent almost 10 years with the New England Patriots and New England Revolution producing podcasts and other digital content. He currently serves as the host and Executive Producer of the My Fishing Cape Cod Podcast. In addition, he serves as a Radio Color Commentator for Boston College Men’s basketball and produces various other podcasts for major outlets across the country. He is from Manomet, MA and has salt water running through his veins.