Hello and welcome to another installment of the My Fishing Cape Cod Podcast! We welcome September here at MFCC for its cooler temperatures, and excellent fishing action!
The epic bite at the Cape Cod Canal has slowed down, but that doesn't mean it's impossible to catch a quality striped bass this week.
This week, Captain Eric Stewart will not be joining us for his usual offshore fishing report. It's just Ryan and Jeff each providing an in-depth, comprehensive fishing report for areas all over Cape Cod. Let's dive into today's show!
As usual, we kick off the episode with MFCC founder & creator Ryan Collins, who tunes in by phone. Ryan had success catching tuna with Captain Cullen this past week, and found some striped bass as well.
We wrap up this week's truncated episode with our good friend Jeff Miller of Canal Bait & Tackle in Sagamore. Jeff confirms that last week's bite has ended, but provides suggestions and intel to help maximize your odds this weekend.
In this episode we cover:
- Ryan's experience tuna fishing with Captain Cullen (0:45)
- The latest reports of false albacore on Cape Cod (4:53)
- Most productive techniques for striped bass from the boat (7:18)
- Visit the MFCC Forum for the most recent fishing intel! (10:30)
- Final MFCC Derby standings for the month of August! (13:24)
- Tuna tactics Ryan's using today (16:39)
- Jeff Miller's full Cape Cod Canal fishing update (17:45)
- Why last week was so epic at the Canal (19:10)
- Canal Bait & Tackle is re-stocked with fish-catching lures! (21:40)
- How you can increase your odds this week at the Canal (22:15)
- Jeff's time & tide recommendations (24:50)