Hello and welcome to yet another edition of the My Fishing Cape Cod Podcast! October is almost upon us, and there's still plenty of fish to catch here on Cape Cod.
It seems as though the fall run is beginning to gain momentum, as a wide variety of fisheries are currently very productive.
In addition to Ryan Collins and Jeff Miller providing their detailed reports, we welcome Doug Blanchard to the show. Doug breaks down a recent fly fishing trip he took with Ryan while filming an episode of MFCC TV. Without further delay, let's dive into today's show!
Ryan kicks things off with a detailed Cape Cod Bay surfcasting report. He also discusses upcoming MFCC Group Trips, and breaks down his plan for targeting giant bluefin tuna during October.
Doug Blanchard joins us not the podcast for the first time ever! Doug breaks down how the new-and-improved MFCC Forum has helped him catch more fish, and discusses a recent fly fishing trip took with Ryan.
We wrap things up by checking in with out good friend Jeff Miller of Canal Bait and Tackle. As usual, Jeff provides a detailed striped bass report. However, he also discusses the hot albie fishing the Canal has seen the past few days.
In this episode we cover:
- Ryan's surfcasting report for Cape Cod Bay (3:42)
- Guided surf trips in October with MFCC's Ryan Collins! (6:08)
- Ryan's plan for targeting giant bluefin tuna (6:50)
- Group tuna trips with Captain Cullen of Cape Star Charters (8:58)
- Welcoming Doug Blanchard to the air! (10:53)
- Doug's fly fishing report & experience on MFCC TV (18:35)
- Jeff Miller's full Cape Cod Canal fishing report (23:00)
- Solving finicky peanut bunker bites (24:59)
- Jeff's recommendations for targeting larger bass (26:45)
- Breaking down the Canal's false albacore bite (30:27)
- And much more...
Kevin produces the podcasts here on MFCC. Kevin also produces all the podcasts for the New England Patriots, the Revolution, Boston College and many other elite programs across the country. However Kevin’s first love was the ocean – he has salt in his veins.