I would love to see you next weekend for The 36 Hour Grind - My Fishing Cape Cod's 3rd annual surfcasting tournament!
All are welcome to attend, so even if you don't participate in the tournament, or aren't a member of My Fishing Cape cod, it would still be great to see you at the tournament festivities.
To learn more about the tournament events, please scroll below. 👇
How to Enter & Tournament Rules
The tournament is free to enter and registration is now open. At least one person on each team must be a member of My Fishing Cape Cod.
If you are a member, then simply fill out the tournament signup form to join the tournament.
It's OK if your teammate is not a member of MFCC.
Here are the rules:
- The tournament will run from 7pm on September 29th until 7am on October 1st. You are free to fish as much or as little as you’d like during that timeframe.
- Anglers must fish from shore. No boats, no kayaks, beach fishing only. However you may swim out to rocks. You must be on the Cape side of the canal (over the Sagamore or Bourne bridge). The Cape Cod Canal itself is off limits.
- This is a team event and each team will have 2 anglers. Teammates must fish together and stay together.
- A qualifying striped bass must be at least 22 inches long and photographed on the official measuring tape which each team is responsible for purchasing on their own. One angler will hold the striper on the measuring tape while the other angler takes the photo.
- A team’s total score will be the combined length of your three longest fish.
- Qualifying striped bass photos from your cell phone must be presented to MFCC member Mike Marcus for verification between 8am-8:30am on October 1st at Sandy Neck.
Friday Tournament Kickoff Party
On Friday September 29th we’ll have the tournament kick-off party with free pizza and raffles from 5pm-7pm on Sandy Neck Beach in Barnstable.
At Friday's kick-off we'll have free raffles for items like this awesome 40L Mission Fish Pack from Dakine, valued at $200.
Everyone is welcome to attend the Friday Kick-off Party!
That includes any of your family and friends, even if they aren't members.
This will be a great opportunity to get together and meet other anglers, as will the Sunday October 1st awards ceremony at 8am on Sandy Neck Beach, which you can read more about at the bottom of this post.
36hr Grind Tournament Tees
We’ve created a custom T-shirt for the tournament! Shirts are available in short and long sleeve.
If you’re interested in grabbing a 36 Hour Grind shirt, then please click here.
Order before 9am on Monday September 25th to guarantee that we’ll have your shirt in time for next weekend!
If you miss the 9am cutoff, then we will simply mail you the shirt the week following the tournament.
Sunday Awards Ceremony
The awards will also be at Sandy Neck Beach from 8am-10am on Sunday October 1st.
At the awards we'll have complimentary special edition 36 Hour Grind Tournament Blend coffee from Plymouth Coffee Company!
We'll have prizes for the winners (more on that coming soon), free raffles and more.
All are welcome at Sunday's awards ceremony and you don't have to be a member or participate in the tournament to attend.
I will look forward to seeing you next weekend!
Tight lines 🎣