Hello and welcome to the final My Fishing Cape Cod podcast of the 2017 striped bass season! It's been a wonderful season so far, and there's plenty of time left to put a bend in the rod.
Fall has brought a plethora of bait into the area. This has allowed anglers to successfully target striped bass, false albacore, and bluefin tuna right now on Cape Cod.
As usual, we'll check in with Ryan Collins and Jeff Miller for their detailed fishing reports. Additionally, we welcome Shane Uriot back to the show to discuss the latest episode of MFCC TV. Let's dive into the final regular season podcast of 2017 season!
Ryan tunes in while fishing from his boat, The Miss Loretta. Ryan provides updates on the bluefin tuna fishery, as well as a Cape Cod Bay striper report. If you're looking to hit the water, MFCC Group Trips are still available.
Next we check in with MFCC TV producer Shane Uriot. Shane discusses the latest episode, which highlights the Cape's freshwater fishery. He also discusses MFCC TV's premiere in January, and the content of each episode.
Our final guest this season is our good friend Jeff Miller of Canal Bait & Tackle in Sagamore. Jeff gives us the full scoop on fishing the Canal during October, and shares his forecast for the rest of the month.
In this episode we cover:
- Ryan's bluefin tuna fishing update (1:30)
- Cape Cod striped bass fishing report & MFCC Group Trips (8:04)
- Potential false albacore locations & new MFCC TV sponsors! (9:55)
- Welcoming Shane Uriot back to the show! (13:20)
- Shane's breakdown of MFCC TV's freshwater episode (14:40)
- What each episode of My Fishing Cape Cod TV covers (16:30)
- Jeff's Cape Cod Canal fishing update (21:00)
- Jeff's advice for catching larger fish in the Canal (23:29)
- Targeting late-season striped bass (25:13)
- And much more...